Tuesday 12 June 2007

The lucky soul

Once upon a time in history,

Born in a holy city,

To a noble couple with hearts so sweet,

Was this princess, whom now you meet…


I actually don’t know what happened then,

May be I looked like the chick of a hen.

Coz my cousin used to pull my leg,

Down to the floor, from the bed.


A kid he was and very dear,

Whose birthday I didn’t miss, even in his first year.

We fought at times, but the victory was mine,

I am sorry I say, for those childish days.


With all love and care bestowed,

Only joy to me was showed,

And when a loud cry echoed the street,

Every heart with a soul would beat.


And I always got a treat

Of chocolates…very very sweet.

Which did rot my teeth...but they were really very sweet.


Then at school my friend I found,

And turned into a smile, my lazy frown.

There I learnt how to mingle,

And spread smiles to every single.


Always waited for vacations to come near,

More than that to meet my mate so dear.

To sing and dance and play all day,

And to share secrets, I must say!


She, then, had two little surprised eyes,

Now, has grown with grace and poise.

I was admired all these years,

And now it’s my turn to admire her :)


And in between a star was born,

Much more noble than the old.

It stuck on my face a smile so tight,

Which no power of the world could wipe.

I wish you luck and blessing so strong,

So that you may never go wrong,

And if ever, always grow strong.


Life indeed has silently,

Many a lessons to me taught..

Fixed in the permanent memory,

That need not say...forget me not!


Was kept away from films, but the TV was close..

Was left alone at times, but God was close.

Was kept away from all harm, intruders got close..

Was about to slip and fall, but got awakened...this lucky soul.


With that great resistance, a power developed;

This coy became bold.

And never again would allow this happen,

Made a firm decision..untold.


Thank you dear friend for always being here

With me, sailing through cloud and clear.

Always in me you will remain..

Please make this promise once again

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely penned.. Simple, with depth to it..

Snehal said...

I am glad u appreciated it
thanx :)

hope a few more like it hehehe...

:)

Anonymous said...

hey this poem is awesome..nicely written..
good work.

The New Age Superhero said...

i agree with virus.. nice.. and thank god for the simplicity.. i hate 2 go in search of a dictionary.. one of the primary reasons i stay away from poetry :P