Sunday 5 July 2009

Curry leaves

All my classmates gathered for a class photo @ the lib entrance. Then, our valedictory_function()-cum-official_farewell began… It began..with an invocation song. The hostesses uttered some not-so-famous quotes appropriate for the closing ceremony of the dept association. Our staff coordinator listed out the activities of least interest carried out during the year. Princi spoke for more than 20 mins. He loves to speak. That even makes the function long enough to be noticed. The already known winners received their (kind-off) delayed certificates. A few clapped and got bored. Few others clapped just to have the fun of hearing the clapping sound. Few “prejudiced” awards were given to selected outgoing students. Literally, everyone was bugged up. Sitting like dummies, without the power to raise a voice (neither in protest nor praise…) but I was busy. Busy wondering whether what I had prepared to speak as feedback would be appropriate. Should I or should I not say what I wanted to say?

I wanted to speak. I wanted and this was a moment long awaited – 2yrs! And so I went up the stage n spoke, just because of those few good people whom we appreciate in the dept. I was shivering (a bit) wondering how it’d be. And it was fun! Absolute fun and I can happily say, it was the best part of the function that day! Big shouts for those who deserved, as I took their names, and chilled silence for those who didn’t. We all were happy. Some grateful. Everyone appreciated and I was satisfied. And..for that one day, princi knew me :P

It was like a different refreshing flavour..like the one produced by adding curry leaves to the garnish! :) lovely!

4 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

like an enthu puppet, i once opted to spoke.. then stage fear caught me and everyone mocked... 5 min of numb silence later, i resigned to my seat.. sigh! :P

Niveditha said...

so the princess is back with her talkative mind huh?? good to c ur writings.. n ya.. i know wat u spoake on the stage.. some said.. n some unsaid(which only v know he he he,the glam factor of GPL he he he..).. anyways.. Good work..

Snehal said...

Suk,
:) u din even say hello, is it??


Nivi,
yea, the glam factor of GPL...lol :D
but oh, i jus cudn't afford to remember such a difficult citation. could i? :P
besides, nobody would understand! :P

The New Age Superhero said...

i'm guessing i did :P